First let me set the scene. My husband LOVES seafood. Seriously, he could live off shrimp, clams, crab, lobster, and fish. Me, on the other hand, hates seafood without any passion. That being said, I love some good salmon. I have very fond memories of eating freshly caught salmon from Winchester Bay, Oregon that my grandpa just brought in. Grilled and with freshly squeezed lemon...nothing is better, or so I thought. We have been trying to plan our meals out and eat healthier. Some weeks are better than others. When I found this salmon recipe, my mouth literally salivated. It was super easy and incredibly delicious. Who knew cooking good fish was so easy?! I urge you to try it tonight...seriously! I served with garlic mashed potatoes and salad, which seemed to be a great match. :)
- 1 salmon filet, about 2 pounds, left whole
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easiest cleanup.
- Place salmon, skin side down, onto lined baking sheet. Cover salmon with another piece of parchment paper. Bake salmon for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove top piece of parchment paper. Top with garlic, Parmesan and parsley mixture. Return to oven uncovered and allow to bake until registers 135º F when checked with an internal thermometer probe. The Parmesan cheese should have melted and lightly browned..
- Allow to rest about 5 minutes and serve.
Original recipe from http://addapinch.com/cooking/baked-salmon-with-parmesan-herb-crust-recipe/